Friday, September 7, 2012

Braves Game / Star Wars

 We took the family to a Braves game on a Friday night this summer because on Friday nights they have a fireworks show after the game. This was our second game this summer and when we got there we realized very quickly it was Star Wars Night! Jason gets the tickets free from work so alot of times we just decide at the last minute to go. A good bit of people were dressed up as Star Wars characters and it was a lot of fun! Kaden wanted his pic taken with Darth Vader.

 The boys and Kayla got their faces painted. The Braves team members were the jedis on the big screen so everytime they showed their stats they looked like jedis and the other team were storm troopers. All the games going on during the game were also Star Wars themed.
 Kayla and Sabrina having a good time except for the guy in back of them that apparently showered them with his spit throughout the game. Yuck!  They didn't tell us about that till later.
 The best fireworks we saw all year was the show at this braves game. The whole show had star wars music and was timed perfectly. It was really good and we all enjoyed it.
We had really good seats down the third base line but i was nervous about foul balls the whole game. The last game we went to the guy sittin right behind us caught a foul ball right where Kaden would have been sitting but we went up to let the kids run the bases on the upper deck.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

LORI ... a blog post ... I'm so happy! ha ha ha ... that Braves game sounds awesome, what a great idea. Fun to see the face paint.

Lori said...

I know I have been very bad about doing blogs. Cut me some slack though. Last year was my first year going back to work with three kids;) I am going to try and be better about it.

Unknown said...

What's this, a blog post???!!! I didn't even know that they had themed nights at the Braves game. I would TOTALLY go on a Star Wars night. Let's go to dinner this week!

Jenny said...

Tyler would have LOVED that Braves Game- sounds like a spectacular fireworks show to Star Wars music. It's been so long since I've been to a Braves game- we'll have to go next summer with you guys!!