Saturday, January 7, 2012

Halloween and The Flu

Our Halloween was a bit different this year because Jason and Kaden were sick with something like the flu and were definitely not feeling well. Normally we have a big get together and have lots of kids over and then go trick or treating as a big group. We didn't get to do that this year because we didn't want to give anyine else our germs. This is Kayla with some of the friends she went out with. These are her friends Autumn and Katie. She had a school soccer game that afternoon right after school so we didn't get home from that until 6:15. We were definitely rushed. Luckily my mom came over and stayed with the boys and helped get them ready to go. I would love to meet the genius that scheduled that game on Halloween.
We still did have cousins come over to trick or treat with the boys. We figured being outside they probably wouldn't get too many germs from the sickies. The boys would have been heartbroken if they couldn't have gone with their cousins and that has always been what we have done since Keaton and Conner were babies. We begged Patrick and Karen and they said that it was fine. We just didn't have anyone come inside the house. Keaton was a G.I. Joe Ninja and Kaden was the White Ninja or MaNinja as he called it.
Kaden was super excited to start trick or treating. Halloween is his favorite holiday. He loves dressing up and he likes to be scared a little bit. He didn't last as long as he normally does. His fever started coming back after being out about an hour so I took him home and Jason took Keaton out a little longer.
Keaton stayed out the longest and he got a ton of candy. People were tired of giving it out so they just started giving dumping it in his pumpkin. Kayla didn't stay out very long either and she was having trouble with her knee again so she came home.
We had a Fall Festival at the preschool that I work at. All the teachers dressed up and this is me as Minnie Mouse! I was originally going to use the dress for a halloween party that Jason and I were going to. I was going to be a fifties girl and Kayla and I were excited to dress Jason up like a greaser but he got sick and we didn't get to go. It turned into a nice minnie mouse dress though.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute costume Lori- I don't think I've ever seen you dressed up, have I? I would have paid money to see jason dressed up as a greaser! I just blogged halloween too- I see we're both way behind! :)

JoAnna Fountain said...

I love your costume Lori. Soon you will get to see Mrs. Minnie in person. hehe.

Unknown said...

You make a great Minnie! And the kids costumes are nice too. :)

Lori said...

Oh I dress up. I guess I just don't usually post the pics!!