Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Parade


On our way to what has become a Christmas tradition with our family. Watching the Christmas parade in downtown Atlanta.

We're riding Marta cause you know its smarta!! Sorry I couldn't help myself. Anyway the boys love riding the train and its something we don't get to do too often.

Apparently only 2 of us knew that Jason was taking a picture!!

Most years we freeze our booties off but this year the weather wasn't too bad! Last week anyway now it is freezing.

Keaton kept wondering when they were going to throw out candy after I said something about it. Oops I must have been thinking of the PTC fourth of July parade.

Could this be me in another 10 or fifteen years? If I ever attempt to do this in my old age someone please whack me over the head with my baton. They call themselves the twilight twirlers... Jason and I had a good laugh about it.

Waiting for Santa!!

So funny story about Santa Claus. After the parade we were on our way home and I look over at this sports car driving beside us and there is Santa in his full gear driving and talking on his cell phone. He had a coweta county license plate as well. Well, I said Keaton look there is Santa driving that car. He wanted to know why he wasn't riding his sleigh and you could just see the thoughts spinning through his little head. I think we said something like oh Santa is just trying out the car before he give it to someone for Christmas but I'm not sure if he bought it or not. This is usually the year kids start saying stuff at school so we'll see.

3 comments:

JoAnna Fountain said...

Hilarious Santa story. Looks like a fun day to see a parade, great tradition.

Laura said...

What fun! I love that tradition. And you better believe that I'm going to be a twilight twirler! :) ha ha that is just hilarious.

Jenny said...

Ha ha ha - this post made me laugh- I could totally hear all your jokes and I loved the picture of everyone not looking and keaton wanting candy and santa in the sports car and the twilight twirlers- I will whack you over the head if you ever do that- ha ha ha - that is hilarious!!!