Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gingerbread Houses!


We have a tradition going for the past three years that we make gingerbread houses. Usually we do it on Christmas Eve and I usually have Patrick's kids do one too. Since we were having more family in town this Christmas I decided we just better do it before hand and not scare off my mom's family. With 5 boys making gingerbread houses it can get a little crazy and messy!!

Kaden is getting things going and he didn't want ANY help!!

Keaton's house was full of "shooter guns". Definitely a boy!

Grandma came to help and join in the fun! I usually just make them out of graham crackers but this year I found a kit to make a village of them so we all had a different shaped house.

Kayla hard at work. She didn't want me to take a pic because she was in her pj's and her hair wasn't done. Yes, we've reached that stage!

We had a blast making them and eating tons of candy in the process.

3 comments:

JoAnna Fountain said...

I want to make a ginger bread house! lol

Jeff said...

Fun! Enriching family tradition

Jenny said...

Cute- that looks yummy! I want some candy right now!