Friday, April 12, 2013

Yosemite/ San Francisco Trip August 2012

Shocking!!! I found time to do a blog post! Working has definitely eaten up my "extra" time and things like blogging just don't happen to often. Maybe I'll be better about it for a while since summer vacation is fast approaching:)
 
 Jason and I decided to go to San Francisco this past summer. I had been wanting to go for a while and we decided to just go for it. Jason has been out a few times for conferences but I was never able to work it out to go with him. We always try to do at least one trip a year by ourselves. Sometimes it is a smaller and shorter trip but it is nice to get away once in a while. The first day we were there we drove around and did a lot of sight seeing and also did alcatraz.


 We walked around Fisherman's wharf for a while and had to get a picture of the seals for the boys. The picture below is for Jason's mom. She calls flip flops thongs and I always use to laugh because the only thong I know of is the underwear version. This picture proved her right! i guess it is a western thing.
 We headed out to Yosemite for a few days for Jason"s fill of nature. The trees were simply amazing!





 Jason hiked to this waterfall. Just a couple days after we left two brothers were swept away and they both drowned.
 This deer was eating apples that had fallen on the ground.  This is a parking lot near some campsites Jason wanted me to stay in. They were not very clean looking from pictures we looked at and I shot that down pretty quickly. It ended up being a good thing because a couple of weeks later several people had come down with Hanta virus which they traced back to these tents. Instead we stayed at a really nice casino hotel that was gorgeous.
 Back to the city! I have gotten to where I really enjoy the big cities. I wouldn't want to live in a big city but it is very fun to visit. Always so much going on.
 The whole time we were there in the city I kept thinking we were in Europe again. Lots of people speaking foreign languages and the restaurants were so diverse. You could find anything and everything you wanted to eat. There was one place in particular that reminded me of Europe. We found a place that served crepes for breakfast and the owners were French. We went there a couple of times for breakfast. I sent Jo and Robert a picture of my crepe.
 We treated ourselves to a really nice dinner one night. Our anniversary was coming up soon so we said that was our anniversary dinner. The food was awesome! Jason had crab as you can see.



 We had to take a picture of this store for our little lefty, Keaton! Everything in this store is designed for people that are left handed. You don't realize how everything is made for a right handed person till you visit a store like this.
 We decided it would be really fun to rent bicycles and ride over the Golden Gate Bridge and down into Sausalito.
 It was beautiful but a hard ride. San Fran has so many hills! this was our last day and it was probably a good thing. We hiked, walked and biked until our legs were about to fall off. I was glad to sit on an airplane the next day!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

WHOA?!?! A blog post?!?! ... ;-)
I loved seeing these pics and hearing about your trip. I remember you telling us some of this but seeing it is so much better. You guys really did do a LOT.

JoAnna Fountain said...

Loved the post Lori! It was fun to see pictures of your stories. I loved the trees and all the fun pictures of you two. It looked like a lot of fun!

Laura said...

What a great trip! Wow, you packed in so much fun stuff!

Unknown said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a blog post! What an incredible vacation. I've always wanted to go to these places and was thinking about joining my parents this summer in a long car drive through Northern CA, but then remembered Julia likes to throw up on car trips so decided against it. And Greg would love that Lefty store too - I didn't know a store like that existed. Awesome!

Jenny said...

What a great getaway for just the two of you!! And I'm so glad that you finally got to go!! Makes me want to go now too! Beautiful pictures of u guys and all the places! I'm sure Jason loved the nature!!!!